Thursday, March 20, 2008

Success At FFE For Paylor

After just one year with FFE,company driver Michael Paylor is finding his goals for earnings and owning his own business well within reach. “I have come a long way in just a year,” says Paylor, who lives in Raleigh, N.C. “Every day,I am learning something new. It’s exciting and new but also fun.” A former Greyhound bus driver, Paylor decided to make a change in March of 2007. “Work was slow. I wasn’t going anywhere and I knew I wanted to take a big step up,” he says. “I saw an ad about the opportunities at FFE and called the recruiters.They were very nice, answered all my questions and here I am.” He completed company-sponsored training at Pine Bluff Truck Driving School in Pine Bluff, Ark. “What makes FFE so good for me is that I’m following a successful career path. I got the training, went out on the road and now I’m making a great living. What a difference a year makes! There’s still so much to learn and this job is always changing,” he says. “You’re always learning more about how to stay safe, how to do something better. It’s a challenge in a good way.” While Paylor enjoys his job as a company driver, he is looking ahead to the coming year. “I am looking forward to being an owner operator,” says Paylor. “I am learning all I can about the Clean Slate Lease program that FFE offers. The Clean Slate Lease program offers drivers the opportunity to own a truck with no money down and the added benefit of a business support system. Credit isn't an issue as long as drivers can meet safety and work history requirements. New drivers can also inquire about waiving certain fixed costs with FFE's Fresh Start Program. Off the road, Paylor makes sure to take time to relax. “I always have a plan for my time at home. I get my bills and other personal business done in the morning then I just unwind and spoil myself!” he says. “This has been a year of big changes for me and 2008 will offer even more. You just have to open your eyes to what’s available out there.” For more information on the opportunities now available at FFE, Company Drivers call 800-569-9233 and Owner Operators call 800-569-9298.