Saturday, June 7, 2008

So Far, So Good

Although he has grown up around the trucking industry, Dan Butler was never the one behind the wheel. Now, with five months experience as a driver, he’s happy that he made the choice to enter the profession. “I decided when I turned 21, that this was what I wanted to do. Both of my parents are professional drivers, but my mother got me interested in the profession. She has been driving a truck for about 10 years now,” he said. Dan’s mother, who drives a fuel tanker, took him out on the road with her in 2000. “I really enjoyed it. Riding with her inspired me,” he said. “Before I became a truck driver, I used to drive a pick up everywhere. Now I just drive a bigger truck.” Learning how to control his rig has been a fairly easy task for Dan, who says the weather is the most challenging aspect of the job. “Right now, there is a 45 mile an hour tail wind, but I am used to it. Before joining FFE a few weeks ago, I drove a dedicated route in Wyoming. In that state, you will run into any kind of weather that exists on this planet,” he said. “I have driven in 80 to 90 mile winds. It really does not bother me anymore. If I get nervous, I slow down. Or, if I need to, I stop.” Dan transitioned from his former company to FFE for two reasons. The first was due to the way the former company treated their drivers. The second reason was due to all the good things he heard about FFE. “My previous company did not care for their drivers too much. A few friends told me about FFE and I decided to apply and give it a try,” he said. “So far, it has been all that I hoped. I’m going to stay with this company because they have treated me well and they have answered my questions. They have taken care of me and have helped me learn all the different processes I need to know to do my job.” Leaving his former company became an easy transition, something that he credits to the help he has received at FFE. “They have drivers that will assist you within the company. There is always somebody available. Everyone is really down to earth and family oriented,” he said. “The company has exceeded my expectations in so many ways.” FFE Transportation Services Group is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. One of the largest temperature-controlled transportation services in the United States, FFE companies work together to meet the transportation needs of their customers. Whether you are a student, new driver, owner operator or an experienced trucking professional with your own equipment, FFE offers a wide variety of opportunities. For more information, please call 800-569-9232 or visit the new FFE website at www.ffeinc.com. Drivers may also apply directly at www.ffedrivers.com.